|Security Finance (the “Company”) makes available for its customers the option to receive various communications via text message. To elect to receive Text Messages to their cellular phones, customers must sign a form entitled Voluntary Text Message Notice and Consent (the Notice and Consent). By signing the Notice and Consent and electing to receive Text Messages to their cellular phone numbers, customers agree that the Company or an entity on its behalf may send them Text Messages via an automatic telephone dialing system through the cellular provider. The Notice and Consent applies to any loan or account the customer has with the Company.
1. "Text Messages" means any SMS/MMS message communication from the Company or on its behalf to any cellular phone numbers provided by a customer and concerning that customer’s account with the Company.
2. “Account management messages” include informational Text Messages such as payment reminders, account status, requests for updated information and inclement weather notices.
3. “Marketing messages” include Text Messages to the cellular numbers provided by a customer for the purpose of encouraging the purchase or use by the customer of the Company’s products and services including consumer loans, loan renewals and income tax preparation.
4. OPT OUT. A customer may WITHDRAW CONSENT to receive Text Messages by texting STOP to the text message received, or by calling the Company toll free at (855) 316-0010. A customer may text STOP ALL to stop all texts from the Company. A stop request will become effective within five days. A customer may also revoke consent verbally or in writing.
5. For HELP on Text Messages. To request additional information, text the word HELP to the text message received or call the company toll free at (855) 316-0010.
6. Updating Records. By signing a Notice and Consent a customer agrees to provide the Company with an accurate and complete cellular telephone number. A customer also agrees to notify the Company immediately of any change in phone number, or plan to provide the cellular phone to another person, or termination of the cellular phone services. A customer must update the cellular number(s) provided by calling the Branch, or by calling the Company toll free at (855) 316-0010. In addition, a customer further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Company harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) if the customer fails to provide the Company notice of a change in the cellular phone number provided. The customer’s obligations under this paragraph shall survive termination of the Notice and Consent.
7. Hardware and Software Requirements. To receive Text Messages from the Company, the following requirements must be met: an SMS/MMS-capable cellular phone; an active cellular phone account with a communication service provider that offers SMS/MMS services; and sufficient storage capacity on the cellular phone
8. Privacy. The customer acknowledges that Text Messages may be seen by anyone who has access to the cellular phone provided. Customers should take steps to safeguard the cellular phone if they want Text Messages to remain private. The Company will not be liable for losses or damages arising from any disclosure of account information to third parties by the cellular provider or by a third party viewing the Text Messages.
9. Charges. The Company does not charge for sending Text Messages to customers. However, a customer is responsible for any message and data rates and charges associated with Text Messages that are imposed by the cellular provider. These charges will appear on the customer’s phone bill.
10. Communications in Writing. All Text Messages in electronic format shall be considered “in writing” to the extent allowed by law. Customers can request a paper copy of a record by calling the Branch.
11. Modification or Termination. The Company may modify or terminate its Text Messages to customers at any time, for any reason, and without notice. The customer may also revoke consent verbally or in writing.
12. Authorization. By signing the Notice and Consent form, customers authorize the Company, or an entity on its behalf, to deliver or cause to be delivered Text Messages via an automatic telephone dialing system to the cellular phone numbers provided for the customer’s loan or other account with the Company, and as explained in this Policy. The Notice and Consent allows the Company to deliver Marketing Messages or Account Management Messages via Text Messages as the Customer designates.
13. Voluntary. Customers are not required to sign the Notice and Consent form (directly or indirectly) or agree to receive Text Messages as a condition of obtaining financial services including consumer loans from Company.
Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this website and also made available upon written request.