Notice of BCFP Consent Order Involving
A&A Finance, Apex Finance, Bond Finance, Canyon Finance, Continental Credit, Continental Loans, Friendly Finance, Heritage Credit, Hometown Finance, Key Loan and Finance, Lake Park Finance, Longhorn Finance, Maverick Finance, Merit Finance, Money Tree Finance, Patriot Loan Company, Port City Finance, Security Finance, Sunbelt Credit, Time Finance, and Zia Finance.
If you have questions concerning this Notice, you may call, toll-free: 1-866-990-9706.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
This notice is provided by A&A Finance, Apex Finance, Bond Finance, Canyon Finance, Continental Credit, Continental Loans, Friendly Finance, Heritage Credit, Hometown Finance, Key Loan and Finance, Lake Park Finance, Longhorn Finance, Maverick Finance, Merit Finance, Money Tree Finance, Patriot Loan Company, Port City Finance, Security Finance, Sunbelt Credit, Time Finance, and Zia Finance.
Since 2011, for some accounts, we have provided outdated or inaccurate information to two consumer reporting agencies, Equifax and TransUnion. There may be inaccuracies in some consumer reports. As a result of these deficiencies, we were subject to an enforcement action by the BCFP.
Consumers have a right, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to receive one free consumer report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies during any 12-month period. If you have not already obtained your free annual report, you may do so by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 877-322-8228.
If you have already obtained a free consumer report from Equifax or TransUnion during the last 12-months, you may obtain an additional report at no charge to you for 180 days following your receipt of this Notice from the following nationwide consumer reporting agency to which we have furnished information, using the following information:
|Agency Name||Contact Information to Obtain Activation Code for Additional Free Credit Report|
If, in reviewing your consumer report, you identify information that you believe to be inaccurate, you may dispute that information as follows:
Direct Disputes: You may submit a notice of dispute directly to us concerning the information you are disputing that we have furnished at one of the following addresses:
- Our address as specified in your consumer report;
- The address specified by us for the receipt of such disputes which has been provided to you and which appears on our websites.
Your notice of dispute should include:
- Sufficient information to permit us to identify the account that is in dispute, such as your account number and name, address and telephone number;
- The specific information you are disputing and an explanation of the basis for the dispute; and
- Any supporting documentation that we may reasonably require to substantiate the basis for the dispute.
Disputes through Consumer Reporting Agencies: You may submit a dispute concerning the accuracy of your consumer report information to Equifax, Experian or TransUnion in writing by mail, online or by calling the consumer reporting agency, using the information provided below:
|Address for Mailed Disputes||Address for Online Disputes||For Telephone Disputes|
|Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30348
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
Your dispute to the consumer reporting agencies should include:
- Your identifying information, such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, and Social Security number;
- Information sufficient to permit the identification of the information being disputed, such as the name of the furnisher shown in the consumer report and the account number;
- The reason or basis for the dispute concerning the reported information; and
- Any supporting information or documentation that you believe would assist in the investigation of the dispute.
Dispute forms for Equifax, Experian and TransUnion are available at the BCFP’s website at
Date Posted: 10/16/2018